- One 8 oz. nonfat cream cheese, cubed and softened
- One 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
- One 14 oz. can (or fresh) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Two large spoonfuls low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup low-fat, part skim mozzarella
- garlic salt to taste
- Mix together everything but the artichoke hearts. Heat in microwave for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until non fat cream cheese starts to melt.
- Mix in artichoke hearts. Place in crockpot on low or high setting, depending on how soon you want to serve.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks and/or wedges of bell pepper varieties.
- Spinach Dip – Replace artichoke hearts with 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
- Artichoke Spinach Dip – Use 8 oz. artichoke hearts and half package frozen spinach.
- Sun Dried Tomato Dip – Replace artichoke hearts with one 6oz can sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped or 3/4 cup reconstituted sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped. To reconstitute, soak tomatoes in very warm water for about 30 minutes. (Tip: Reserve the olive oil or water for use in
dressings, soups, stews or sauces. Great flavor!)
(Thanks to Katie Johnson for this recipe!)